miércoles, 18 de noviembre de 2015

movies

A movie that I love and a movie that I hate.... First I have Memories of a Geisha a movie of Rob Marsall tell the story of a poor little girl name Chiyo who is sold by her family to an Okia (Geisha house) There, mameha (Like the owner of the okia) try to become a geisha from Chiyo. This movie is mainly about older Chiyo and her struggle as a geisha to find love, in the process making a lot of enemies... chan!
I think it have a coherent esthetics because, although is an American movie you can understand the oriental touch and the casting is very good! Is an example that an American guy can took a slice of story from the other side of the word and turn into a good material, not very ambitious.
All that leads me to a movie that I recently see and opposite to the other, this one promise a lot with a strong argument but left you with a funny taste. I don't know if I hate this movie or if I love it and that is Only God Forgives. Is about Julian, a guy who lives in bangkok and have some troubles with him... He run a boxing club that acts as a front for drug trafficking. His mother, head of a powerful criminal organization, disembarks from the United States to repatriate the body of his favorite son, Billy 's brother Julian was killed after being savagely raped and killed a young prostitute . Full of hatred and revenge, Julian 's mother requires the head of the murderers, for which you must then deal with Chang , a strange retired policeman , adored by the other cops. The movie is basically about the family, the pride and loyalty all this beneath a red mist of revenge but it is to artistically slow and I don't know. It is like those movies that when it end, you are out of words, in the good or in the bad meaning.

1 comentario:

  1. I will have to watch both of them to give you my opinion, but it sounds like a good idea for the weekend.

    Cheers!

    ResponderEliminar